Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hearts, hearts, hearts.

Valentine's Day was never my favorite. I had fun making valentines until about fourth grade, and then it was just a drag. It was never very exciting later, either. Now, I like the crafty aspects of it, but could still really care less about the holiday. Yesterday, I looked at a list of restaurants with prix fixe menus for Valentine's, and NOTHING. Nada. Zilch. Absolutely none of it looked good. Seriously - why stuff a perfectly good fillet with OYSTERS? Yucky.

The worst of the worst? Places that advertised a "rose for the lady" at every table. BLECCCCCHHH.
With all of that said, I had a blast making my cards for Sarah's swap, and stupidly forgot to take a picture of them. Things are going swimmingly for Lisa's swap package, as well, and that one should be on its way to her shortly. Here's the mantel, currently, waiting on this year's valentines to arrive and cover it even further in crafty goodness. I decided that the Christmas card holder could continue in service for an extra couple of months. Besides, the cute dress card that Sarah made last year covers up the Christmas star at the top. Aren't I tricky...
Props to Sarah for the bottle brush tree & button tree idea/direction - those used to be Christmas decorations, but I've decided to make them work year round.

5 comments:

Lennye said...

Where did you get the big stick looking tree on the mantle? I saw one at Dillards, but can't go the $80.

Amy said...

Hi Sarah- I received your beautiful card from the swap today! I read in your previous post that you used I heart yoyo maker. I didn't even know there was such a thing!I think I have to have one now. Your card is beautiful. Thanks so much! Your mantle is beautiful! What a great idea about the card holder!

Monkey said...

Hands holding leaves...in a frame...too cool. :)

Sarah B. B. said...

Lennye - the tree is from IKEA - there is at least one (and maybe more) at the Monkeybean Mansion if you'd like to inspect it close-up.

Monkey said...

Yes, two of them, one black and one white...and they cost WAY WAY WAY less than $80 from IKEA. The most kickass thing about them is that they are metal and so any magnetic jewelry and stuff sticks right to them. I tried to tell you IKEA was Heavenly Lennye, but nooooo you never heed this advice from me. :)